Friday, March 23, 2018

Expectations

I am so excited to get back into the Naliboki Forest. Anytime I am away from the hustle and bustle of my daily life, in the quiet of nature, I am able to enjoy a peacefulness that I am unable to attain on a normal basis. What I expect to gain while we are away is a rejuvenation of my soul. Being in the forest, the quiet, the color, the smells, and the peacefulness of being outdoors will allow me to relax in a way that I need in order to have balance in my life.

With this said, I believe my biggest contribution will be my ability to encourage our group to stop and enjoy the space that is around us.  In that moment, I will remind us to reflect on how we feel and consider how we can bring some of those feelings and emotions back into the city with us when we leave.

My expectations revolve around enjoying this experience with a group of people who also feel the same way as I do about being in nature. I hope to encourage others to do more self-reflection and I hope that I am able to learn from others while we are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment